Saturday, August 21, 2010

My Personal Pico

Every time I make Pico de Gallo, its a different variation.  This recipe is pretty close to what I do almost every time...

3-4 Large Ripe Tomatoes
1/2 Onion (or more)
2-3 Green Bell Peppers
(I sometimes put in Jalapeño, but mine didn't come up this year!)
1 Medium Cucumber
1-2 TBS Minced Garlic



1 Tsp Chili Powder
2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Emeril's Signature Seasoning
1 TBP Lemon Juice
1t Tsp Black Pepper
Fresh Cilantro
Fresh/Dried Parsley

Tortilla Chips for dippin'!


Chop up all the chop-ables
Add seasonings
Enjoy!


This is roughly my recipe, but do your own thing!  Its fresh, its healthy, its in season!
Sometimes I'll add popcorn shrimp...ugh so good!!!  Since my garden is literally overflowing with most of these ingredients I have been making this stuff up in a huge mixing bowl and having it for lunch and dinner some nights!  Love love love it!  The seasonings are mostly things that you should have in your cabinet anyways, so its only a little pricey when you make it for the first time and have to buy everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment