Friday, August 20, 2010

Yum yum!

Today Danny and I had lettuce wraps for lunch...
1 head of lettuce $1.89
1 pound ground turkey $2.38
1 bag of Steam in Bag rice with veggies $2.25
Splash of soy sauce

Brown turkey in a skillet and cook rice according to directions
Mix rice and turkey together and add a splash of soy sauce
Un-peel a leaf from the head of (washed) lettuce
Add Turkey/Rice mixture to lettuce and roll up to eat like a taco

Credit for this goes to two people
PF Chang's - they serve something similar as an appetizer
My little brother and his GF - They started making these a few weeks ago but with boca burger meat (which is probably even better for you)

I decided to go super healthy for lunch today, since I had some girlfriends over for lunch yesterday and we had Pizza, Bread sticks, and Chocolate cake.  I felt guilty.  Especially when one of them said, "I feel bad I was reading your blog all morning and now we're eating pizza for lunch!"  Thanks for rubbing it in Al!

No comments:

Post a Comment