Monday, September 6, 2010

Down 4 Sizes!

I was going to wear my only pair of jeans to the Husker game on Saturday, but they were hanging off me!  I was excited and bummed all at once because now I was left with a fashion dilemma.  So the fam and I went shopping today!  I was a little anxious as I walked into the mall.  Pac Sun, Hollister, Charlotte Russe, Forever 21...these are the stores that cater to the "itty bitty" people.  The 00, the XXS, the teeny, tiny, little women you can fit in my (now) size 12 pocket.  I grabbed an 11L and a 13L.  Sweat beads dripped down my face as I asked for a fitting room.

The following is my inner dialogue...
"Which size do I try on first?!"  "Try on the small and be disappointed if they don't fit, or try on the big and have my hopes dashed when they fit perfectly and I can't even try the smaller size?"  "Shouldn't I just be happy I'm no longer shopping in the Plus section?"  "Or that I can even find something in the mall that fits me?!"

 Its literally been years since I could shop for jeans at the mall.  I'm usually stalking around Old Navy with my jeans that are so big, I've actually folded them and put them in my husbands basket.  Ugh.  So I decide to go big or go home.  I try on the 11L first and, although a teeny bit snug, they fit...wonderfully I might add.  No major muffin top, no breath holding, no gut roll coming out over the front.  Yay!  Well it was a sale and it was buy one get one 50% off.  I was all about that, except they didn't have 11L in any other styles I liked.  So we hopped around to a few more stores and we ended up at American Eagle.  I haven't shopping at AE in quite literally 5 years.  They also only had 1 pair of 12L in one style, but they were jean perfection.  Did you know that if they don't have it, they will order it online and ship it to your house for freeeee?!  So I bought the one pair that fit like a dream and my other fantabulous pair is on its way.  So it was still buy one get one 50% off.  I still had some issues with spending money on a pair of jeans that I hopefully won't fit into by the end of the winter, but I needed this.

Thanks to my patient hubby who waited outside 4 different dressing rooms juggling my purse, the diaper bag, and our very impatient son...and thanks for paying!

I now highly recommend American Eagle's Artist and Boyfriend style jeans.
**Side note.  I really do not like skinny jeans.  I know that people can pull them off, I'm just not one of them.**
Favorite Boyfriend Jean
Artist Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment