Friday, September 24, 2010

Another 5 Pound Marker!


Yeah baby!  That's right 175!  
     And I was fully clothed when I stepped on the scale!  I heard a stand up comedian tell a joke one time about how he could never get a woman naked.  He finally figured out that all he needed to do was put a scale in his living room and every woman who stepped on it would strip down naked first.  Cracked me up, because everybody does it.  Or at least I do, or was that an over share? 
     Any who...I am now officially down 35 pounds!  AHHH!  I get butterflies in my stomach when I think about that accomplishment.  I was chatting with my dear sweet Papa Bear this evening, and I was telling him about how I am so over lying about my weight and people who lie about their weight.  But then I also revealed that it is much easier to share your numbers once you are already down by a lot as opposed to when you haven't lost anything yet.  When I was 210 lbs, I didn't go shouting it from the rooftops.  At least not until I was ready to do something about it.
***Small confession...I did put 160 lbs on my license when I recently got it renewed.  BUT! By the time I have to renew it again, I will definitely be below that number, so that's not really hurting anyone, now is it?
     Super random thought...have you ever watched Biggest Loser and when they show the weights of the contestants and they weigh more than you, but you're like, "No! They can't weight that much because I don't look that fat!"  What is up with that?!  Is it TV?  Is it our distorted self image?  But then you see that one picture of you from that awful angle that caught you totally off guard and you see it.  You see your Biggest Loser before picture.  That's what happened to me.  I saw a terrible picture (see below) of me at Christmas last year and I was horrified, but motivated!
This is a horrible "before" picture...
Ummm, I still look pregnant...after more than a year!

This is a dorky self photo of yours truly.  I was waiting in the car while dear hubby went in to pick up the most delicious pizza in the Midwest.  It is beef and cream cheese.  It is to die for and every time we go to Lincoln we treat ourselves to a big fat slice, or four.  I feel like in you can tell that I am getting my old face shape back.  More oval, less acorn.  Is acorn a face shape?  Well it was for me about 35 pounds ago!

This was last weekend and it was our first family camping trip.  Ignore my creepy red eye.  We gorged on s'mores and bacon.  It was awesome and I felt like a dough ball afterwards.  Its hard to eat healthy while you're camping, so I'm cutting myself some slack.  The 175 number came almost a full week after this adventure, so I still earned it!

1 comment:

  1. I see the "skinny" face!! :)
    Now... I'm gonna be honest with you... shed those sweaters!! I know winter is fastly approaching, so I will cut you some slack, but I think you should shed the hoodie and show that skinny body with pride.
    So proud of you Annie - you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete