Monday, April 12, 2010

So this is what the other side of the leaf looks like...

Yes, I'm already having to re-up my New Years Resolution. Seeing as its Spring, I'm turning over a new leaf instead. The New Leaf is creepy. All the Easter candy is gone and I'm left with my trusted dried fruit. I pull back the corner to look at my Old Leaf and see that it is littered with foil wrappers that once wrapped around chocolaty bunnies filled with peanut butter and rice crisps. Empty gold coins are a reminder of the empty calories that now jiggle as I run up the stairs. Oh Easter, why did you make me buy those sweets for my 18 month old that will never eat the entire bag of chocolate kisses on his own?

New Leaf also has a new exercise plan. I am so sick of the treadmill. Its nice outside, so why am I not doing my stuff out there? Here are a list of excuses...

Laundry and other housework
Baby is Napping
Creepy People are out there
Too Cold
Too Hot
Too Buggy
Flower beds to weed

So new plan is this...
Sunday - Sabbath Day of Rest no exercise (Yes God is my excuse for this day)
Monday - Exercise Video during Nap & Evening walk
Tuesday - Evening Walk
Wednesday - Treadmill at Mom & Dads
Thursday - Treadmill at Mom & Dads
Friday - Exercise Video
Saturday - Walk

I think it is definitely doable and hopefully I can stick with it. I think I tend to shy away from running outside because nobody wants to see that. Mom boobs, jiggly butt, and belly, um no thank you. I don't want to see that, so why should I scar some poor old lady who looks out her window as her only form of entertainment. I would be personally to blame if she went blind.

I will admit that since all the Easter candy is gone from the house (because I ate it) I have been eating better. I just don't have the willpower to deny something if its right in front of me. So I don't buy it then I won't eat it. We have a nice break in between candy, carb, and fat loaded holidays that I need to take full advantage of. So here it goes, my New Leaf, oh what fun.

Also, does anyone else get motivated when they watch movies with skinny stars? I know it sounds very Jr. High, but we watched Volver with Penelope Cruz last night. Is it just me or does watching people with cute little bodies make you want a cute little body? Just wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment