Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Happy Summer!

What is it with grief that either makes you under eat or over eat?  I had to put my sweet dog to sleep last week and I felt like I was on a roller coaster of not only emotion, but food.  I felt like I barely ate for 2 days, then gorged myself.  I think the only good sign now is that I know food really doesn't make me feel any better.  The more I ate, the worse I felt about myself.  Add that to being a sobbing mess for 3 days...doesn't make for great self image.  It was *ruff.*

On a more positive note, I traded in some books and movies to Hastings.  It's a multi-media store that will buy your stuff off of you.  With my store credit (they will also give you cash but I figured I'd spend it there anyways) I bought a AM/PM Yoga DVD and an Ab workout DVD.  That's right...expect washboards in 6-8 weeks.  I've done the PM yoga part and it was very relaxing, although some of the positions were a bit difficult due to the stiffness in my ankle.  No worries, I just made it my own and pretended like I knew what I was doing.  When I feel like it, I'll tackle the AM and the washboards.

In the mean time, Danny and I are swimming.  Now when I say we're swimming, I mean that I fill up the baby pool, stick my feet in and watch him do laps.  The temperature is finally rising and I have a feeling we will be making much more of an effort to jump into Nana and Grandpa's big pool.  Speaking of being outside in this gorgeous June heat...you should totally watch Dear 16 Year Old Me...  I know about sun damage and skin cancer, but this really drove it home.  I literally got done watching this and ordered Hawaiian Tropic Firming Island Moisturizer.  It's a sunless tanner (and bonus, firming lotion if that even works.)  I slap some beloved SPF on over it and I'm good to go!  I've been using it for about 2 weeks, specifically on my legs and have noticed a nice tint.  Nothing drastic, orange, or equator-y but just a nice soft color.  The firming end of things?  I'll let you know if my thighs ever quit jiggling.

Weight wise, I'm maintaining, which is all I really care to do at the moment.  I'm fine with my numbers sort of , but I need some serious tone!  I think I saw a bingo arm trying to set up residence next to Mr. Trapezius!

No comments:

Post a Comment